Article 1 (ID Acquisition)
Article 2 (Receiving Amount)
1. When the Company is paying out the revenue/consideration to the Member through other services that it operates as a service designated by the Company that corresponds to the Service (hereinafter, the "Service that Corresponds to SKIYAKI WALLET"), such payment amount will be registered as "Receiving Amount" under the Service on the Member’s account.
2. By making the amount registered under Receiving Amount as the upper limit, the Member can ask the Company to remit the payment to the financial institution account of his/her choice, or other remittance method that can correspond to the Service. Please note that the Company may set up a minimum amount for remittance request or remittance handling fee. If the Company decides to set up a remittance handling fee, the Company will pay the amount that deducted the remittance handling fee from the billed amount to the Member’s specified account. Furthermore, costs expected to be borne by the Member specifically prescribed by a third party regarding the receiving method in which the Member has selected (example: Bank’s ATM usage charge, etc.) will be considered a separate fee from the remittance handling fee.
3. If the Member makes an input error when entering account number or account information of the financial institution, etc. that he/she is registering for the Service due to one’s own fault and therefore the payment stated in the above paragraph was not carried out normally, he/she will still be charged with the remittance handling fee and such fee will be deducted from the Member’s Receiving Amount. Furthermore, if remittance was made to the bank account or other account of a third party due to the input error of account number and account information, the Company will not assume any liabilities against such Member.
Article 3 (Withdrawal etc.)
If the Member decides to withdraw from the Service or deletes SKIYAKI ID, he/she will be deemed to have consented to the fact that he/she has forfeited the rights pertaining to the Receiving Amount that still has yet to be billed. For this reason, when requesting to withdraw from the Service or delete the SKIYAKI ID, he/she must make sure to bill the payment of Receiving Amount personally being owed to, and only proceed with the Service withdrawal procedure and deletion procedure of SKIYAKI ID after receiving said payment from the Company.
Article 4 (Prohibitions)
The Member is prohibited from engaging in the following acts within a scope of the Service or the Service that Corresponds to SKIYAKI WALLET . If the Company determines the Member to have fallen under any of the following acts, the Company may suspend the Service use, confiscate the rights pertaining to the Receiving Amount under the Service, delete SKIYAKI ID and carry out other penal measures.
- (2) Acts that violate any laws or regulations (regardless of the name by which such social rules may be called), acts that violate public order and morality, acts that are apprehended to violate these social rules, or acts that solicit or invite violation of these social rules
- (3) The act of registering Content for which a third party holds copyright and related rights without permission or otherwise infringing upon third party rights (including but not limited to privacy rights and copyright rights) with a service offered by the Company.
- (4) The act of collecting and storing the personal information of third parties, or publically disclosing the Member's own personal information or the personal information of a third party (except in the case disclosure is required in order to receive benefits)
- (5) The act of defaming, threatening, or otherwise causing anxiety to a third party
- (6) Acts that cause uncomfortable feelings to the third party including, but not limited to indecent expression, discriminatory expression, violent expression, grotesque expression, or other impertinent expressions
- (7) Acts that incite or that may lead to discrimination and hatred based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion or other attributes
- (8) Sales activities (including but not limited to solicitation), pre-election campaigning and other political activities, and religious activities such as missionary work
- (9) Acts that solicit participation in the same activities from the third party including, but not limited to sending e-mails
- (10) The act of impersonating the Company, a Group company, an outsourcer, another Member, a subcontractor or any other third party
- (11) The act of imposing an unreasonable burden on the server hosting the Service or interfering with other Members' and the Service Using Candidate’s use of the Service
- (12) The act of transmitting information containing computer viruses or other harmful computer programs
- (13) The act of unauthorized use or tampering with data related to the Service
- (14) The act of submitting false or misleading declarations and notifications to the Company
- (15) The act of using the account of another Member to access the Service, with or without that Member's consent
- (16) The act of defaming the products and services, etc. offered by the Company and third parties
- (17) When the Member who has a SKIYAKI ID has, for whatever reason, become unable to use his/her SKIYAKI ID
- (18) The act of using information and copyrighted works, etc. provided through the Service for purposes other than the Member's own personal use beyond the scope permitted by the Agreement, or making said information and copyrighted works, etc. viewable or accessible to the general public online or offline.
- (19) The act of unduly acquiring data related to the Service or disclosing said data to a third party
- (20) The act of delaying payment of any monetary obligations to the Company, or failing to pay any monetary obligations to the Company
- (21) Other acts that the Company deems inappropriate in view of the spirit of the Service
Article 5 (Suspension and Cancellation of Use of the Service)
1. If the Company suspends or prohibits the Member from using the Service or decides to delete the Member’s SKIYAKI ID pursuant to the previous Article, said Member will be deemed to have forfeited the entire rights pertaining to the Receiving Amount under the Service.
2. The Company may interrupt, suspend or terminate the Service in whole or in part when the Company deems so necessary in order to perform system maintenance or in the event of unavoidable circumstances such as natural disaster.
3. The Company assumes no liability in relation to any damages suffered by Members or third parties in connection with the delay, change to, interruption, suspension, cancellation, termination and abolition, etc. of the provision of the Service including as a result of the circumstances set forth in the preceding two paragraphs.
Article 6 (Guarantee)
The Company does not in any way guarantee that the Service is compatible with the Member's specific purposes, that the Member's use of the Service is compliant with laws, regulations and industry association standards, etc., and that the content of the Service is free from defects.
Article 7 (Member’s Information, etc.)
1. The Company will use the personal information the Member has provided in the Member's use of the Service for the following purposes. The Company shall not use the Member's personal Information beyond the scope of these purposes except when the Company obtains the Member's approval. Additionally, the Company is also entitled to disclose the Member's personal Information pursuant to the Personal Information Protection Act or other applicable laws and regulations
- (1) To provide the Service (to pay the Receiving Amount to the Member, etc.), and to respond to enquiries and conduct research, etc. in relation thereto
- (2) To introduce and provide information about the Company's products and services (by sending e-mail magazines, etc.), or request participation in questionnaires, etc. in relation thereto
- (3) To analyze the utilization of the Services, including, but not limited to user demographics.
2. The Company will not provide the Member's personal information to any third party except as stipulated in the Agreement or under the following circumstances
- (1) When required by the Personal Information Protection Act or other applicable laws and regulations
- (2) The Company receives a request for disclosure from a person or party that has legal authority
- (3) The Company recovers or protects the rights of the Company and the third party against imminent and unlawful infringement
- (4) The Company deems the need to disclose the personal information to a person or company entrusted with operations in the course of business of operating the Service
- (5) When providing information to the transferee in the event the Company has transferred business related to the Service to a third party via succession or another method
3. If a change in personal information occurs, the Member who has a SKIYAKI ID shall promptly update the Information the Member has registered with his/her SKIYAKI ID, in the manner prescribed by the Company. The Company assumes no liability for any disadvantage the Member has suffered as a result of neglecting to keep his/her registered information up to date.
Article 8 (Termination of the Service)
1. The Company may terminate the provision of the Service in whole or in part after notifying the Member in advance. In this case, the notification or announcement of the termination of the Service in whole or in part will be e-mailed to the Member's registered e-mail address or posted on the Service website, etc.
2. By providing notification or announcement prior to the termination of the Service pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Company is exempted from any liability and responsibility to the Member in connection with the termination of the Service except where otherwise stipulated by Laws and Regulations of Japan and except for payment of the Receiving Amount.
Article 9 (Liability)
1. The Company assumes no liability to the Member, another Member or any other third party in relation to the outcomes of any activities performed by Members using the Service or the Service that Corresponds to SKIYAKI WALLET.
2. If the Member has become involved in a dispute with another Member or a third party in connection with his/her use of the Service or the Service that Corresponds to SKIYAKI WALLET, he/she shall resolve said dispute on his/her own responsibility and at his/her own expense so as not to cause any damage to the Company.
Article 10 (Change to the Agreement)
1. The Company may revise the content of the Agreement when the Company deems so necessary for the smooth and proper management of the Service. The Member's use of the Service after the Company has announced or notified of revision to the Agreement shall be considered acceptance of the revised the Agreement.
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Company shall obtain the Member's approval with respect to any revision of the content concerning the Member’s information set forth in the provisions of Article 7 herein in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act or other applicable laws and regulations.
3. The Company assumes no liability for any damages or disadvantage the Member has suffered as a result of revision to the Agreement.
Article 11 (Governing Law)
The Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
Article 12 (Court of Competent Jurisdiction)
The Tokyo District Court or Tokyo Summary Court shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to hear any disputes arising between the Member and the Company in connection with the Service at the first instance.